Winter isn’t the only time for hearty soups and fresh baked bread… Springtime has a way of teasing those longing for sunshine. You get several days of warm blue skies, followed by weeks of rain and storms.
That’s when it’s time to break out the comfort food, curl up on the couch and EAT.
Bean soup. Hearty Vegetarian 15 Bean Soup to be exact. 😉 Packed with fresh vegetables and a whole variety of beans to help you truly understand how vegetarians get their protein.
At least this delicious soup is healthy and packed full of nutrition! Another bonus is it can feed your family for a week for just pennies!
Enjoy your rainy week.
Hearty Vegetarian 15 Bean Soup
Hearty vegetarian bean soup with tomatoes, carrots, parsnips and bok choy.
|Servings 10-12 people Prep Time15 minutes||Cook Time 8 hours Passive Time8-12 hours|
- 1 1lb bag 15 bean soup dried beans only, no seasoning
- 6 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 parsnips sliced
- 2 stalks bok choy chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Drain. Add beans and all ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook for 8 hours on low heat.